Two-for-one here. It’s not unheard of for a cartoonist to make two cartoons about a singular issue (hell, just this past weekend someone else did the same thing about Lance Armstrong’s scandal), but it’s rare because it’s seldom necessary. If there’s an ongoing story, like the massacre in Syria for example, then returning to the story now and then can be acceptable.
But a one-time story, like the death of a former politician? That doesn’t justify two different cartoons, and especially not two that are telling the same joke. And hell, why kick a dead man like this? One cartoon would have been fine, playing on his most memorable political act, but two? This isn’t even something people actually care about. Who the fuck actually remembers Arlen Specter?
And of course one of the cartoons features the trite “St. Peter at the gates of Heaven” image.
- secotm reblogged this from jethroq and added:
- jethroq reblogged this from secotm and added:
- ta1987 reblogged this from secotm and added:
- reflex76 reblogged this from secotm
- davidessman said: wait so heaven is segregated by political party?
- secotm posted this