Or here’s a question: If America owes 16 trillion dollars, and only spends 300 million dollars on PBS in one year, how many PBSes would have to be killed to reach 16 trillion?
The answer? 53,333.33.
Over 53,000 PBSes need to be axed to pay off the debt.
Or, you know, you could focus on the really costly things like the war in Afghanistan, tax holes for millionaires and billionaires, corporate welfare… But no. Romney (and his supporters like Bish or McCoy) would rather just thump their chest about making cuts to the budget, but they only really pick on penny ante things for political reasons. Hence so much talk among conservatives about defunding PBS or Planned Parenthood or anything else they just don’t like. It has nothing to do with the actual cost in terms of dollars and cents, but is instead about their personal beliefs. They just use the budget as a convenient excuse to attack it.
Though I will give Bish credit for one thing: Romney looks suitably creepy here. Like a vulture and a cartoon undertaker in one. (That’s probably not intended, though)
- iffem reblogged this from mmezombi
- doctorpsycho1960 reblogged this from secotm and added:
- doctorpsycho1960 likes this
- doctorpsycho1960 said: Easily the most repulsive, unappealing caricature of Romney I have seen in all of his 12 years of running for President — and it’s supposed to be depicting him as wise and Presidential…?
- esosique likes this
- mmezombi reblogged this from generalpancakes
- generalpancakes reblogged this from deadend
- paratale reblogged this from handcuffs-and-cheese
- stephaniedashiell likes this
- fiftyshadesofcrazy reblogged this from secotm
- adelworldpeace likes this
- reflex76 reblogged this from secotm
- idgaffffffffff reblogged this from i-am-the-manatee
- handcuffs-and-cheese reblogged this from secotm
- i-am-the-manatee reblogged this from secotm and added:
- tomatoclone reblogged this from secotm
- davidessman likes this
- deadend reblogged this from secotm
- cabradine likes this
- secotm posted this